Lifetime Planning News & Blog

Welcome to our latest news and blogs.

Lifetime Planning offer mortgage and protection advice. Freephone 0800 43 53 49 or email us at updates@lifetimeplanning.co.uk

YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Tags
    Tags Displays a list of tags that have been used in the blog.
  • Bloggers
    Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
  • Team Blogs
    Team Blogs Find your favorite team blogs here.

8 out of 10 mortgage holders have no Income Protection. Are you one of them?

Posted by on in Insurance
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 603
  • 0 Comments
  • Print

According to a recent article in FT Adviser, “Homeowners in Britain are woefully under-prepared in the event of long-term sickness, accident or ill health.”1

Nobody plans to get hit by a bus but these things do happen. Should you be left unable to work do you have a plan in place to keep paying your bills and mortgage?

Royal London’s recently commissioned State of the Protection Nation research highlights that only 19% of people with a mortgage have income protection in place, which leaves 81% unprotected!2 Is this you?

While you’re probably aware of the benefits of protection, the expertise of an adviser can help steer you in the right direction to ensure you’re protected when you need it most. If you take a look at LV=’s Risk Reality Calculator it will show you the likelihood of needing to claim on income protection, critical illness cover and life cover based on their research.

But it’s not only mortgage holders that need protection in place, renters need income protection just as much as homeowners. After all, the chances of an accident or illness making you unable to work don’t go away just because you rent!

Contact us today to see how we can help you find the right income protection policy for your needs, our panel of providers can offer something for everyone.

Freephone 0800 43 53 49 or fill in our online enquiry form.

Sources:
1: FT Adviser, 8 out of 10 mortgage holders have no income protection, May 2018
2: Royal London, State of the Protection Nation, May 2018
3: LV= Risk Reality Calculator http://riskreality.co.uk/gen

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Lifetime Finance Group Limited is a trading name of Lifetime Planning which is an appointed representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network, a trading name of First Complete Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for mortgages, protection insurance and general insurance products.

Lifetime Finance Group Limited. Registered office 1st floor, 207 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4HZ. Registered in Scotland No: SC589768.

Welcome to our latest news and blogs. Lifetime Planning offer a ‘one-stop-shop’ for your mortgage and protection needs. We’ll strive to find you the most suitable mortgage and protection solutions to meet your specific needs. Call us now on 0800 43 53 49 or email us at mail@lifetimeplanning.co.uk.

Comments

  • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

Leave your comment

Guest Saturday, 14 December 2019